For those of us that have a yard, pine needles can be a tricky yard problem. We love the look of pine trees, but pine needles can be extremely difficult to rake, far more difficult than leaves.
Unfortunately, most rakes don’t specifically have pine needles in mind, making them less than ideal. The only thing worse than having trouble raking pine needles is spending a good hunk on a brand new rake only to find it’s no better than your old one!
Though you may be tempted to hire professional services, have hope! We have done the research to find the most ideal rakes for raking pine needles. Before dropping significant change on a yard professional, peruse this list to find the best rake for pine needles!
- Top 6 Best Rake for Pine Needles Product List
- Pinestraw Rake Buying Guide – Best Rake for Pine Needles
Top 6 Best Rake for Pine Needles Product List
1. ROOT ASSASSIN RAKE
The Root Assassin Rake is a hybrid between a rake and a pitchfork. The quality tines on the rake can be used as a traditional best rake for pine needles and leaves, but it can also flip and be used as a pitchfork for great scooping action. If you have thick beds of needle pine straw that have proved stubborn for a typical rake, the scooping action of the Root Assassin is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Made with quality materials, a strong, reliable handle, and designed with multiple actions in mind, the Root Assassin is a fantastic choice for best rake for pine needles. Especially ideal if you’re already an owner of different tools from the Assassin tool family.CHECK CURRENT PRICE
2.Yard Tuff YTF-60PSR Pine Straw Rake
A large property with multiple pine trees can present a unique problem for property owners or landscape managers. A typical, hand-held rake simply isn’t adequate for the job. The Yard Tuff Pine Straw Rake is a tool that fits onto the pin hitch of a UTV, tractor or even ATV. At 60in in width, it makes quick work of even large properties.
Of course, in making an investment in a pine straw rack like this, you want to be sure of quality and durability. The all-steel construction and powdered paint protection on this pine straw rake mean that you’ll be able to rely on this tool for years to come.
If you need a rake accessory meant for large properties made with quality and durability in mind, this pine straw rake will be a perfect fit!CHECK CURRENT PRICE
3. Amazing Rake 746321243312 3-in-1 Lime Green Ergonomic Lightweight 17-Inch Lawn Leaf
Another great hand-held option, the Amazing Rake stays true to its name. If you have piles of pine needles that have been taunting you, the Amazing Rake has a “grab” features that can easily move any manner of pine needle pile. Still need a traditional rake? No worries, the Amazing Rake can still be used as a traditional rake.
For a pine needle rake that can also grab and dumb, the Amazing Rake is a fantastic choice of utility amongst rakes for pine needles.CHECK CURRENT PRICE
4. Field Tuff FTF-60PSR3PT Pine Straw Rake
If you’re in the market for a pine straw rake attachment, the Field Tuff is another great option that should be considered. Also 60in wide, and with a 3 point hitch, it’s designed with utility and quick raking in mind.
The tines are made with a coiled design, which allows for more give and tug when being pulled behind your vehicle of choice. Scooping up large piles of pine straw will be no problem at all with this pine straw rake. A fantastic choice for pine straw rake attachment, the Field Tuff also employs an all-steel design and powdered paint protection. Definitely add this pine straw rake on your list of possibilities!CHECK CURRENT PRICE
5. Flexrake LAR123 24-Inch Pine Needle Rake with 54-Inch Wood Handle
For a small yard, sometimes all you need is a simple, effective tool, and the Flexrake is absolutely that! It has a wooden handle, and it’s uniquely designed rake head made specifically for scooping up pine needles, and that’s it!
Don’t let the simplicity fool you, though. This is one of the best rakes for scooping up long pine needles on all terrain, including over grass, concrete, asphalt, gravel, and even on roofs! Perfect for a small yard, definitely put the Flexrake on your shortlist of pine needle rakes.
— Currently Unavailable —
6. Titan 5 ft 3 Point Pine Straw Needle Rake
Another great choice for those that have a small tractor and are looking for a pine straw rake attachment, the Titan gets the job done easily. It boasts a 60in raking width, and with a 3 pin connection, is definitely one of the best rakes for pine needle straw. Not only are the tines of the rake coiled, making for more effective pine needle pick up, but they are also individually replaceable. Replaceable tines are an ideal feature if you’re looking for a long-lasting pine straw attachment!
— Currently Unavailable —
Pinestraw Rake Buying Guide – Best Rake for Pine Needles
You may not even have realized that there were specific rakes for pine needles before looking at this list, and it’s easy to be overwhelmed with options. To help narrow down the choices, there are a few common sense questions to ask yourself before jumping in and making a purchasing choice.
- Are you looking for a rake attachment or a hand-held rake? This may seem obvious, but it’s still worth considering. Don’t get one of the giant five-foot rake attachments if you don’t have a tractor!
- How big a yard do you have? The size of your yard is likely to be one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a rake. If you have a small, residential yard, it doesn’t make much sense to buy a huge pine straw attachment, even if you have access to a vehicle capable of using it. There’s likely to be plenty of nooks and crannies that the attachment can’t reach, forcing you into a handheld pine rake anyway. If you have a gigantic property or manage multiple properties, buying a hand-held rack is going to be an effort in futility. You’ll almost certainly need to not only invest in a pine straw rake attachment, but also a vehicle capable of using it.
- What’s your price range? This can help narrow down your choices as well. However, it’s important to consider that saving money in the short term in buying a cheap pine needle rake might add up if you have to replace it constantly. Make sure you check any kind of warranty that may come with the rake. Also, consider the frequency of use, as a rake with high-quality materials or features that allow for ease of use may be worth the investment.
- What surfaces are you raking over? Different pine needle rakes do well over differing surfaces. Some are specifically made to be used on surfaces like gravel and concrete, while others have features built in that make the surface a non-issue (a grabbing feature, for example). Consider the surface being raked before buying your pine needle rake!
- Where are your pine needles going? Depending on what you’re going to do with your pine needles once they’re raked may determine the kind of rake you end up buying. If you’re just raking pine needles into a pile for burning, or simply raking them out into a street or out of your yard, then any pine needle rake will likely suffice. If you are wanting to scoop and bag pine needles, certain rakes will have features specifically for scooping and transporting needles. Think about where your pine needles are going to end up before buying a rake!
It can be frustrating to have a rake that struggles to do what you need to, like picking up pine needles. Consider the specific raking needs that you have, and research our list, and we’re sure that you’ll find the best rake for pine needles for your yard